Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One of my crockpot favs...

Ok, this is a total cheater recipe, but I love it!!

2 Jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce (mine is Trader Joe's ogranic tomato basil sauce)
1 pound of ground beef, cooked (sometimes I throw in some onion while cooking, but sometimes not!)
red wine - it probably works out to be 1/2-3/4 of a cup (that goes in the sauce, I mean!)

Cook ground beef, while cooking add the 2 jars of sacue to the crockpot, pour a bit of red wine in each jar (probably about 1/4 or a bit more in each), shake the jars to get the last bits of sauce and now pour that in to the crockpot. Add the ground beef when it has compelted cooking. Turn it on low and leave it alone all day! Serve over your favorite pasta shape.

I love the way the house smells when cooking this one, and it is just too easy!
Enjoy!

No comments: