Monday, July 05, 2010

In the Moment

This morning I woke up thinking....thinking about the root canal on the schedule for today. It was a quiet morning, my house was warm, my kids were sleeping away and my husband was by my side. It should have been a wonderfully blissful morning. I should have been enjoying the memories of the night before, a night spent with good, sweet and loving friends. A night filled with great food, fun conversations and the beauty of fireworks. A night of watching happy children running around having a blast...literally! But instead, I lay there thinking about what was coming up for me this afternoon. It frustrated me. My thoughts led me to my blog...the blog I named "In the Moment". I named it that for a reason, I named it that as a goal and a reminder. I want to live in the moment, I want my life to focus on the positive good things and not have those sweet times tainted with thoughts of negative things, like I was doing this morning. I have come a long way in my life, learning to live in the moment, but I have times when I get stuck living in a moment that has not yet come or that has already past. The Lord reminds us to not worry about tomorrow and it is a reminder I needed today. I am thankful for His word and His promises to care for me and be with me during the difficult times. And I want to learn to be obedient during those times in between and enjoy the good moments He has also given me! So, for now, I am off to enjoy some good moments with my family, for tomorrow will worry about itself!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I opened your blog and saw the Bible verse-God wrote that verse for me, you know. :-) I have always claimed that verse. So to your post I say Amen!

Bethany LaShell said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. I love the pic at the top of this post! Bummer about the root canal :-(