Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Armor of God, continued




Ephesians 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

~Isaiah 52:7 How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces Yeshua (salvation), and says to Zion, Your God Reigns!

~Exodus 3:5 Then He said, "Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground."

When the priests would serve in the temple they were barefoot. No shoes allowed. This was holy ground, the work they were performing was holy work, sanctified, set apart for the Lord.

The gospel of peace, the one who brings good news, these phrases are prophetic of the One to come. Yeshua brings the good news, actually He is the Good News. Interestingly enough the word "gospel" when translated back into the Hebrew is "basar" it means good news, or gospel. At it's root however it means flesh or meat. The gospel has been preached since the beginning (Genesis), the entire Bible proclaims the coming of Messiah and His atoning work. The lambs, goats and sheep, the meat, that was sacrificed were all pictures of His work. A beautiful poetic picture of His existence since the beginning is found in John 1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.....14 And the Word became FLESH, and dwelt among us..." He is the flesh, He is the Good News, He is the Gospel of Peace and it is in Him and His ways that we are to walk and where we are given the gift of our freedom!

Ephesians 6:16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

What a beautiful revelation of not what our shield of faith is, but rather Who...Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great." Psalm 3:3 "But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head." Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 28;7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him." Isaiah 54:17 "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD."
AMEIN!!! Is this not incredible?! Our shield is not made from metal and human hands, our shield is the Creator of ALL THINGS! The Lord God Almighty, He is our Shield!!

Next week: verse 17

No comments: