Friday, October 15, 2010

Siritual Seasons



Recently a fellow brother in Messiah was sharing how he was feeling "spiritually unfit" lately. I thought that was a great way to put it. I know I have those experiences as well, times when I feel very connected spiritually and times when I am feeling rather lost, and unsure of where my connection went. Interestingly, I have been really digging into the principal of the seed from a biblical perspective and thinking a lot about seeds, how they produce like kind, which can be either good or bad. How so much in the world both spiritually and physically is rooted in this very basic principal. When I thought about my friends' comment, that they were not feeling so spiritually fit, the thought popped in my head it is like the seed again, sometimes the seed has grown and is in full bloom, sharing it's God given beauty with the world, then the season changes and the bloom dies off and it returns to seed again, where it is hidden in the earth being nourished by the soil waiting for the seasons to continue so it may again sprout forth through the earth and push up toward the sun, once again coming into bloom. God's cycles are amazing....and there is just so much to learn from there. I would say during those tougher times, when we feel more disconnected, we could possibly be in the part of the cycle where we are in the earth, being nourished by the rich soil....waiting for the season to change. It's not a bad place, it's just a part of the cycle. However, I can't wait to be blooming again though, because when we bloom for Him, it is quite magnificent! Shabbat Shalom.

No comments: