Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Reptile Zoo

Well, this was certainly an adventure. Scott and I decided it would be fun to take the kids to the Reptile Zoo, it is not too far from home and an indoor adventure for the whole family. I realized that I really do have a fear of snakes, although I would like to pretend I don't. However when confronted with one, it's little snake tongue darting in and out at me, I had the overwhelming urge to pull my hand back in horror. However I had a daughter standing there who I could see was freaked out so I had to be the brave mom and show her it could be done! And I did it. And to be truthful, once I got over the initial ew-iness of it all, it was not too bad. However I still did not like it's head pointing at me or my flesh, I would hold it's body but keep it's head pointing some other direction. Atira held one too and I am very proud of her, although I think she was feeling just like me, ew. We saw many amazing things today like cobras, crocodiles, turtles and tortoises, so many snakes, cocroaches (which they say make great pets, I would like to know who thinks that this is an accurate statemtent? Since when do we assemble an entire group of people for a career called pest control and they say that one of their A-listers are considered good pets?) , a scorpion (which did creep me out to see too), lizards and well I think you get the idea. The turtles were cute, but the rest, well not so much. It was still a fun adventure and we were all glad to go.

No comments: