Monday, June 11, 2007

Todays moment....

Today's remembrance will be that of Scott's Grandpa Dick Hall. To our utter surprise he passed on today. So tonight, I would like to share a bit of my own personal memories about Grandpa Dick. This Mustang is not his, I do not have a picture of it, however this is something I remember about him, his Mustang. A car it seemed he was forever working on. He was always working on something. He was not a man to sit too long, there were no weeds growing under his feet at any moment from what I could tell. In his retirement he was working towards passing the bar exam after a long and succesful career in aviation. He was fun to chat with and always gave his open and quite honest opinion, which I loved. He could often be found wearing a tshirt with a quirky saying on it and it was generally an opinion he strongly agreed with! He was incredibly intelligent and quite witty and a blast to chat with if you ever had the chance to spend some time with him. So, for today, my memories and thoughts are about him. We last saw him about 2 years ago and he was so incredibly alive and vibrant it is hard to believe that his light no longer shines here on earth. His life and memory will continue through those who know him and love him.

No comments: