Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sharing a few moments with kangaroos

Well, away we go to a nice family outing with our homeschool group, a planned visit to the local kangaroo petting zoo, every city has one, right? So here we are as a family, on a very wet and rainy day enjoying the sites and smells of nature amidst the roos, llamas, horses and peacocks. One problem, Scott seems to have been left behind. What could have happened to him, what could delay my darling devoted husband from keeping up with our group? So, I go asking around...I am told he is hanging out with Kate Moss under a heat lamp...Uh HUH! I trudge the through the mud filled pathway from one kangaroo pen to another and what do my eyes behold? The very truth of what I heard!! He is most certainly there holding hands with KATE MOSS! Oh shudder...how could he? This little roo just loved Scott and yes, her name really is Kate Moss...and she just loved him! She would hold onto his entire arm and just lick his fingers. Of course she did not move away from the heat lamp and had there been room for me under it I would have been there too!











Here is Atira after she fed a piece of bread to the littler roos.

Each of the kids had a turn at holding the baby kangaroos. These little ones are about 7 months old. I never realized they were so tiny at that age!
And of course Jordan's turn, he just loved this little guy, I am pretty sure he would have brought him home with him if we would just say yes!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: